By Martin Hose,David Schenker
- Features contributions from quite a lot of tested specialists and rising students of Greek literature
- Offers finished insurance of the various genres and literary types produced via the traditional Greeks—including epic and lyric poetry, oratory, historiography, biography, philosophy, the radical, and technical literature
- Includes readings that deal with the construction and transmission of old Greek texts, old reception, person authors, and masses more
- Explores the topic of historic Greek literature in leading edge ways
Read Online or Download A Companion to Greek Literature (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
City Underworlds is an exploration of urban areas, pathologized identities, lurid fears, and American literature. Surveying the Nineties to the Nineteen Nineties, Thomas Heise chronicles how and why marginalized populations immigrant american citizens within the decrease East facet, gays and lesbians in Greenwich Village and downtown l. a., the black underclass in Harlem and Chicago, and the hot city negative dispersed throughout American towns were selectively specified as "urban underworlds" and their neighborhoods characterised as miasmas of disorder and ethical spoil.
This quantity units Marcel Proust's masterwork, Á l. a. recherche du temps perdu (In seek of misplaced Time, 1913–27), in its cultural and socio-historical contexts. Essays by way of the major students within the box attend to Proust's biography, his large correspondence, and the genesis and chronic evolution of his masterpiece.
In the course of and simply after global warfare II, an influential workforce of yankee writers and intellectuals projected a imaginative and prescient for literature that might keep the loose global. Novels, tales, performs, and poems, they believed, might inoculate vulnerable minds opposed to simplistic totalitarian ideologies, heal the non secular wounds of worldwide disaster, and simply might be hinder the like from taking place back.
This New Casebook brings jointly quite a lot of unique, scholarly essays on key figures and issues in medieval literature by way of prime teachers. the amount examines significant authors similar to Chaucer, Langland and the Gawain Poet, and covers key themes in medieval literature, together with gender, category, courtly and pop culture, and faith.
- The Common Pot: The Recovery of Native Space in the Northeast (Indigenous Americas)
- The Cambridge Companion to Thomas Pynchon (Cambridge Companions to Literature)
- LATE CAPITALISM AND ITS FICTITIOUS FUTURE(S): THE POSTMODERN, SCIENCE FICTION, AND THE CONTEMPORARY DYSTOPIA (Wissenschaftliche Beiträge aus dem Tectum-Verlag Book 4)
- Stephen King: A Literary Companion (McFarland Literary Companions)
- By the Grace of God: Francoist Spain and the Sacred Roots of Political Imagination (Toronto Iberic)
- How to Live Forever: Science Fiction and Philosophy
Additional info for A Companion to Greek Literature (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Greek Literature (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Martin Hose,David Schenker